Travel and transfers
At Mountainsun Ltd we do not arrange travel, but we can supply a wealth of information about getting to San Cassiano. We’ll be happy to discuss travel options with you and provide contact details for travel companies.
The distance from Calais is approx 800 miles (1,280 km). We suggest a route passing through Luxembourg (cheaper fuel) into Germany (long sections of motorway with no speed limit and low tolls), crossing into Austria and finally Italy. The route is motorway to within 25 miles of Albergo Frohsinn. Overnight Motorail is possible between Dusseldorf and Innsbruck if you want to relax for part of the journey.
For the ultimate luxury journey by train, there is the Venice Simplon Orient Express! There are also more economical options of overnight sleepers from Paris to Venice and to Innsbruck, some of these trains would fit with our transfer services.
There are several airports serving the area, but we find often Venice is the best for flight prices and choice of routes, plus you easily fit in some sightseeing. We also offer set timed transfers from Innsbruck airport which is a slightly shorter journey.
Budget airlines Easyjet, Ryanair and Monarch operate to Venice airports at unbeatable prices, and there are also scheduled flights and chartered ski flights. Easyjet and Monarch fly to Innsbruck.
Please contact us to find out which airline flies from where in the UK. Flights often cost less than £150 per person return, including tax.
Innsbruck is slightly closer than Venice. Other airports in the region are Verona (3 hours), Brescia (2.75 hours), Trieste (3.5 hours), Munich (4 hours), Memmingen (4 hours) and Milan (4 hours).
SUNDAYS – set timed service from £70 p/p return
Journey time approimately 2 hours
- OUT –£35 p/p – collection between 10:30 and 10:45
- RET – £35 p/p – early morning return suitable for flights taking off after 10:30 (depart resort around 06:30)
VENICE – Marco Polo
Journey time approximately 2.5 hours.
- OUT 1) – £40 p/p – collection at 13:30
- OUT 2) – £40 p/p – collection at 19:30 – 20:00
- RET 1) – £30 p/p – early morning return suitable for flights departing after 12:30, or for Venice sightseeing (depart resort around 07:00)
- RET 2) – £45 p/p – afternoon return suitable for flights departing after 18:30 (depart resort around 14:00)
We are often able to arrange transfers from Venice Treviso (Ryanair flights), please enquire.
Transfers with alternative timings may be possible for an additional charge (subject to availability). Hire cars are available at all airports.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT OUR TRANSFERS:
- Our transfers are not tailor made to suit individual flights. We endeavor to keep waiting times for our guests to a minimum but we would recommend only using our transfers if you are relaxed about waiting.
- Flight delays: If at all possible, our vehicle will wait. In instances where we have a commitment to other guests, or are unable to wait, we will assist with arranging alternative transport but the cost will be borne by the client. We offer a transfer connection indemnity scheme so additional charges would not apply in these situations.
- Arrivals before 16:00: Our staff will be doing everything they can to have rooms ready for your arrival but on some occasions where guests arrive in the morning or at lunchtime this may not be possible. We will arrange a place for changing and storing luggage, rooms will be available later in the afternoon
- Resort departure times: timings for returning to the airport will be confirmed in the resort. The given timings are estimated and are liable to change if adverse weather or traffic are expected.
- Departing guests: we request all rooms are vacated by 9:00 am at the latest.
- ALBERGO FROHSINN road access to the chalet between 08:30 and 17:00: unfortunately road regulations do not allow vehicles other than cars to access the road up to the chalet between these hours. Our transfer vehicles will stop as close as they are allowed but it will be necessary for guests to walk a short distance. Wherever possible, our staff will assist with taking luggage up to or down from Frohsinn. Guests arriving on the late Venice transfer, and departing on the early returns to Venice or to Innsbruck should not be affected by this regulation as vehicles will be able to come to the chalet door.
Sightseeing in Venice
Visiting this historic city can be a wonderful way to start or end your holiday! Our early morning return coach provides the opportunity for a day’s sightseeing in Venice for those taking evening flights home. There are left luggage facilities at Marco Polo airport and an express bus taking just 20 minutes to reach Venice island.